Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Irregular figure


1. Area is the amount of space there is inside a figure.
2. I think that it is about 19 cm. squared. My first thought was to count all of the complete squares in the image. Then I pieced them together slowly. If something looked like it was about half of a segment I added that to another about half. I know I won't get the exact size, but I think I'll be pretty close.









3. The area is 10 units squared. For the pond I would think about using feet. For the lake I would use miles.
It is important to know how to do this, because you need to know the area of different places for many jobs. Carpenters, architects, etc. could not do there jobs if they couldn't use this skill. Even pizza places sometimes need to know the area of there pizzas. This skill is needed throughout many industries

No comments:

Post a Comment